Saturday 28 April 2018

The minimalist approach to getting extra things done

Is your to-do list overflowing? Do you have no leeway to squeeze in extra things that, albeit not urgent, are somehow important to you? Would you like to have a go at something such as a new hobby or learning a language, but simply cannot find the time for it?

If you’re itching for it, but your life is already filled to the brim with work tasks, family commitments and social duties, then you might want to try out my minimalist approach to getting extra things done. It has worked for me, so chances are it might work for you, too.

Taking minimal steps is better than taking no steps at all

My minimalist approach to getting extra things done involves building up short, bite-sized habits and incorporating them into your daily routine. Even if you focus on them for just a few minutes per day, commit to repeating these habits every day. They may seem insignificant, but can have immense effects on what you’re aiming to achieve!

I, for example, took to learning some basic computer programming (Visual Basic, Android and PHP) at a time when I was already spending crazily long hours at my computer in my translation job. More screen time was certainly the last thing in the world I was in the mood for. However, I realised that computer programming was relevant to my line of work, so I started reading books on programming and having a go at it on my computer in small but regular steps.

The minimalist approach to getting extra things done by bite-sized, daily habits is easily manageable and won’t take big chunks out of your day. Taking minimal steps is better than taking no steps at all!

If you liked this post, the following posts on this blog may also be relevant to you:
- Super-easy decluttering for busy people
- The minimal to-do list
- 8 Proven ways of minimising screen time

Thanks for visiting my blog!